Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I found a plant with seedpod that have half inch spines on it. the seeds are black with white tips what isit?

the seed pods are verry round: about 1 to 1.5 inches in dia. the spines are about on half inch long. the "thing" turns form green to a greenish purpal to a light brown


it was found in tucson AZ in the month of oct.





please tell me what it is!

I found a plant with seedpod that have half inch spines on it. the seeds are black with white tips what isit?
Set that seed pod outside on a window ledge where you can see it from the inside-- as it dries, it will POP-- throwing seeds all around. My grandson took one to school for show and tell-- he sure did show!


I believe it is a moonflower seed pod.-- They bloom during hot weather-- I've seen them in the desert going from Needles to Hoover Dam-- and "normal" rainfall makes them happy campers. Watch out for those pod pieces after they dry-- hurt to step on.


Have fun


No comments:

Post a Comment