Friday, November 18, 2011

I am trying to find the best way to start a new plant from an existing plant/tree.?

The plant/tree that I am trying to reproduce is almost like a rubber tree, except the leaves are not thick like one. I am not sure as to what it is called. I rcvd 1 year ago and not doing well. Yet with a bit of TLC it now has at least 3 new leaves popping out at any given time. They (the leaves) start outstraight like spine wrapped in a leve then the outside sheds %26amp; wala, leave unrolls. Roots showed on botttom 5" so I simply covered them with some existing dirt. Now it even has a new limb with about 10 leaves growing out of the area of stem by the dirt. (that is the one that I was thinking of cutting and trying to grow)


Should I cut it and put it in water with a bit of plant food?? or should I do the same but in dirt, or????? Thank you..


The tree stands about 4 and 1/2 feet tall now 4 feet widewell foilage. There are actually 5 stems coming from the ground none of them being fatter than 1/2 inch. the leaves are aprox. 5"x7" teardrop shaped. Thank you again

I am trying to find the best way to start a new plant from an existing plant/tree.?
Try splitting the roots taking one or two stems with it in one big chunk. After you split it don't try to do anything else to tease the roots or anything like that. Use plenty of water for the transplant to minimize the shock and you should be okay. I have done this with many trees and shrubs.


No comments:

Post a Comment