Monday, November 16, 2009

I have a Christmas catcus plant that could use some help, any advice on the proper care to this plant?

I do not have a green thumb and most plants (cylcamen, ivy for example) that enter my home die. This is one plant that I have kept around for over 3 years with lots of neglect but the new sprout growth are narrow and not wide like the sprouts were when I got it. I have gotten it to bloom each year which is a good thing. The location is out of direct sunlight and in an area that has great indirect sunlight. Typically, the soil dries out and then I give it a good watering and let the pot drain thoroughly before putting it back in its location so that there is no standing water. Last year I placed an inch of new soil to the top area of the plant (I did not repot it with new soil) and that helped with the new sprouts.





If you advise me to use a fertilizer, please be specific as to what type, how much and how often. I guess that's it. Thanks in advance.

I have a Christmas catcus plant that could use some help, any advice on the proper care to this plant?
There is a lot of information available on the internet. A Yahoo search for "christmas cactus care" (include the quotation marks in the Yahoo search box) yields 13,100 results. If you do the same search, and are willing to spend a little time exploring, I'm sure that you will quickly find lots of useful and interesting information.





Good luck with your cacti gardening.
Reply:Try this site





http://www.fernlea.com/xmas/cactinfo.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment